• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Perks motor balancing and clutch balancing problems

N
Feb 6, 2012
I had JOE at perks spin balance in Tremonton Utah ,Balance my snowmobile motor while it was in the snowmobile , Perks had the snowmobile for about 19 days! Joe told me it would take 3 days , I went to get it once but would not except in because he had it vibrating so bad ( 95 miles round trip ) , Joe said he would get it balanced right and call me when it was done . Here is perks work after 19 days and all of his excuses !! You decide !! :nono: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWceKKUixQ

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
That motor wouldn't last 5 miles up the trail like that. Bummer. Good luck in getting it resolved.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Wow. I mean WOW.

So what's the end game? Gonna demand your money back?

Make sure and have your clutch balanced again after taking all that stuff off... drilling those holes in it will have changed the balance.

sled_guy

Did he even try an explain himself? I'm just shocked he would try and pass that work off to a customer. I'm very glad I came across this post because I was planning on sending some clutches to Perk's for balancing. Obviously I wont be sending those after seeing this.

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
Holy effing hell! You have some serious patience... I would be about ready to explode if he did that to my sled. Absolutely brutal.

Good luck man.

Oh and good job on the video. Detailed and explained very well. Sometimes it can be hard to get small stuff like vibrations to show up on a video... but damn, that thing shakes like no other.

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Wow, That's just incredible... I seriously hope that he didn't do you any serious damage even just with running it on the stand. I thought it was going to explode right there when you showed that recoil shaking, OMG!:eek:

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Didn't Indy Dan warn people how Perks so called balancing wouldn't work? Search back to the old thread and see how all Perks does is add counterbalance weight instead of actually ballancing anything.

Feb 7, 2012
logan utah
Man this video makes me sick I just went and bought a 2012 polaris pro because of seeing this guys sled before and after perks balance job. needless to say I thought it might be one of the smoothest sleds i've ever seen for a polaris 800, 2009. and I had the same sled two years prior to now so I know what im talking about, It looks to me as if you put his rotor on backwards, turned the clutch a 180 turn and made the pull cover bolts lose to make it look like it vibrates twice the stock motor vibrations.I call BS on this video i'll have him do my polaris pro 2012 and video before,during and after to prove his work ..... ill post as soon as i can again ..777polaris

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Man this video makes me sick I just went and bought a 2012 polaris pro because of seeing this guys sled before and after perks balance job. needless to say I thought it might be one of the smoothest sleds i've ever seen for a polaris 800, 2009. and I had the same sled two years prior to now so I know what im talking about, It looks to me as if you put his rotor on backwards, turned the clutch a 180 turn and made the pull cover bolts lose to make it look like it vibrates twice the stock motor vibrations.I call BS on this video i'll have him do my polaris pro 2012 and video before,during and after to prove his work ..... ill post as soon as i can again ..777polaris

When you come onto SnoWest with a alter account it shows us a alter alert...your user name is 7perk which belongs to perks balance so I call BS.....Looks to me like you may be a little crooked!!!!

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
When you come onto SnoWest with a alter account it shows us a alter alert...your user name is 7perk which belongs to perks balance so I call BS.....Looks to me like you may be a little crooked!!!!

A new account by the name of 777polaris has been registered. Silent Mode is active, so no action against this account was taken.

Other recognized logins for this user are:

1. 7perk

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Way to go smokindave, digging out the rat!

I was trying to remain open minded which admittedly is hard after watching that video. Then mr alter ego pops up with 2 posts to his name and the fraud gets even deeper.

Seriously, Perks, did you think you could get away with the deceit? The video is well done... either contest it and make it right or suffer the damage to your reputation you deserve... but shooting yourself in the foot with the fake account is just plain stupid.

sled_guy

Premium Features