• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 to 2010 Nytro tunnel and skid swap

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I will shortly have a stock 2010 Nytro tunnel and skid at my disposal. I was considering putting it on my 2009 along with the skid.

Question....will the 2010 skid have the exact same mounting holes? Is this a pretty straight forward swap? Other than the getting in the chaincase to pull the shaft out...is this a pretty straightforward procedure? What about the exhaust, will I have to do any cutting and welding? I have never done one. Just wondering is I am biting off more than I want by pulling it all apart. I have swapped skids before, just not a tunnel.

Any thoughts?

F

flattop69

Sep 3, 2010
To answer your question , yes, it will work with out moving mounting holes for the skid. Just my .02$ but it seems like you would be wasting a whole lot of time going from one stock tunnel to another. The chain case is not so bad if you pay attention but you would be way better off just using the 2010 skid.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
the 2010 tunnel is alot better then the 09 in looks and functionality. IF your getting one to put on i say do it. Tunnel swaps aren't too bad expecially in your case. ALL holes and mounting points will already be there so there its a simple bolt up and go procedure.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
the 2010 tunnel is alot better then the 09 in looks and functionality.
Absolutely. That is why I am doing it. I figured the value to me would be more than what I might be able to sell a stock tunnel for. I'm just about ready to pull out the skid and drivers so I can get the new track in there. i just ordered one of the new Extremes. We'll see how it goes.

This job is all about haveing a cobalt drill bit. No shortage on rivets to drill.

IMAG0200.jpg IMAG0201.jpg

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
A little update on the progress.
I will post some better pics of the finished product once I get it out of the garage and in some better light. This is with the 2010 tunnel powdercoated silver vein

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Who do you have do your powder coating. Looks great. I just picked up an 09 that had the new tunnel on it and it is way better than the old one. I would love to come see your nytros when they are done.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Who do you have do your powder coating. Looks great. I just picked up an 09 that had the new tunnel on it and it is way better than the old one. I would love to come see your nytros when they are done.
Powdercoating is done by SL Railing in Ogden. Come by anytime.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
In putting this all back together...I notices there are 2 holes in the drop brackets. Which hole should I mount it in and why? How will the geometry of the two affect the ride?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Ditto on the top holes. It will just raise up the back of the sled a little bit in the lower holes but it will have a small negative effect on the approach angle of the track because the drivers are a little bit higher also.

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
How much does it cost to powdercoat a tunnel? I have a 2010 i just bought from dicks i would like to coat it black. I also have the same 09 and im trying to find a 2010 tunnel and skid to do mine, does your 09 ride like the 2010?

Last edited:
Premium Features