• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running Mountain Performance Trailing arms??

S

Scott1

Oct 7, 2009
Black Hills S.D.
trailing arms

I ran the old one piece style, lasted years. I made the mistake of buying the outdoor supply trailing arms and they are not as nice.

I think they have a good price @ $409 compared to other companies myself.... But what are your guys input on this???

http://www.mountainperformance.com/yamaha_front_suspension.htm
dont get your hopes up, they dont make them anymore. and if they should have any in stock, they have no replacement tubes for them. sob's have owed me a pair of chromoly tubes for a year now that i will never see. lots of luck with mpi. but for those of you that have them, i have my own version of the replacement tubes for sale. 4130 chromoly only, unfinished.

MTMAXMaN

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
Wisconsin
Trailing arms

Scott1 - I had a set of outdoor arms but they didn't even last one season which is about 12 days of riding. So had extra time this past summer to build my own. well worth my time and $$$. Not too many people carry these kind of parts anymore for the MM.

B
Nov 26, 2007
I have the solid C-moly on a MM and also had them on a Viper. I trashed the ones of the Viper and replaced them with the Alum / C-moly.
When I switched the Alum / C-moly I should have also ordered replacement tubes at the same time. I have since bent/tweaked one of the Alum tubes and tried to order a replacement but was told they where out of stock and they had no idea of how long it would be before they were available. I ended up just making my own tube, I have a machine shop full of CNC machines so it was easy to do.
I built a mod sled for my nephew and he chose Fabcraft TA's and know a few other guys who are runnnig them. They're a little more $$$ but they support the product, plus they're great people to do biz with.

http://www.fabcraft.com/trailingarms-yamaha.php?sled=19

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I have the solid C-moly on a MM and also had them on a Viper. I trashed the ones of the Viper and replaced them with the Alum / C-moly.
When I switched the Alum / C-moly I should have also ordered replacement tubes at the same time. I have since bent/tweaked one of the Alum tubes and tried to order a replacement but was told they where out of stock and they had no idea of how long it would be before they were available. I ended up just making my own tube, I have a machine shop full of CNC machines so it was easy to do.
I built a mod sled for my nephew and he chose Fabcraft TA's and know a few other guys who are runnnig them. They're a little more $$$ but they support the product, plus they're great people to do biz with.

http://www.fabcraft.com/trailingarms-yamaha.php?sled=19

I just sent an email out to those guys (Fabcraft) to see if they are still making parts! They look really nice and some weight loss to go with it! Thanks again....

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
arms

I was going to get Mp arms, like you guys, but they no longer want to sell 2 stroke stuff. I looked around,( Fabcraft and others) lots of choices. I decided on CB Performance and have liked their products. Lightweight aluminum, nice finish, and they have held up well. I have the whole front end kit and love it. The website wont show pictures of this stuff anymore but Bruce will take care of ya. These are polished but dont show it cause i need to clean them.

100_1867.jpg 100_1868.jpg 100_1869.jpg

Last edited:

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I was going to get Mp arms, like you guys, but they no longer want to sell 2 stroke stuff. I looked around, lots of choices, decided on CB Performance and have liked their products. Lightweight aluminum, nice finish, and have held up well. I have the whole front end kit and love it. The website wont show pictures of this stuff anymore but Bruce will take care of ya. I will send pictures of mine if it helps anyone.

SURE!!! I was on CB web site and couldn't really dig up anything for the ole MM. I love the sled to much to give her up! Maybe a little foolish on my part....:rolleyes:

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I got an update from Fabcraft!!!

"Wes,

Yes we still build parts for the MM.

We have switched to alum. shafts in the trailing arms since the cost of carbon fiber has gone through the roof.

Still the same trailing arm just different material.

We just haven't gotten the web site changed yet.

Let me know if you're interested.

Talk to you later.

Mike"

N

nben

Nov 26, 2007
I have the MPI one peice arms on my mm and love them, but have pretzeled them to the point of almost no return. My buddy just got a Fabcraft tunnel for his poo and Mike and crew were great to work with.

Alternative Impact also makes some nice arms and the crew there is equally willing to provide good customer service.

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I just got an email back from Bruce @ CB Performance!

"Yes…we still have trailing arm $500.00 per pair, radius rod $275.00 W/hardware, tie rod comes with radius rod, spindles $250.00 per pair and steering arms $75.00 per pair all made out of Alum.

Bruce"

T

TApeX_07

I have had the MPI one piece chromoly's and the complete CPerformance front end. The MPI's lasted about 2 seasons then cracked around the shock/radious rod mounts.. I ran the CB for 2 seasons, WICKED light, got into one head-on at 40 and dint bend one peice. My cousin bought the front end last year and they are just like new still. Well worth the coin.

Premium Features