• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alternative impact 36" M-chassis a arm kit

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
Had to have the shock upside down so it wouldn't rub on the spindle. Anybody else do this? Shouldn't be a problem?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
So, I am wondering what would be the best course of action.

Have my stock Fox floats modified to the shorter length?My shocks have already been revalved by Andy Youngstrom.

Buy some Skidoo XM take offs and bolt them up? Does any 2013 or 2014 XM shock fit? Which ones are preferable?

Also, I have a set of rebuilt Zero Pros on the kids M5. Does anyone know the length on them off the top of their head? Maybe I could put the floats on the M5 and Zero pros on the M8 with the narrow front end?

Any feedback out there?

Last edited:

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
So, I am wondering what would be the best course of action.

Have my stock Fox floats modified to the shorter length?My shocks have already been revalved by Andy Youngstrom.

Buy some Skidoo XM take offs and bolt them up? Does any 2013 or 2014 XM shock fit? Which ones are preferable?

Also, I have a set of rebuilt Zero Pros on the kids M5. Does anyone know the length on them off the top of their head? Maybe I could put the floats on the M5 and Zero pros on the M8 with the narrow front end?

Any feedback out there?
IMO I would opt for the fox shortened to 16.5". Buying stocker take offs to me is a last resort. They are only good for about a season when new and it's hard to count on how many actual miles will be on them anyway. You would probably at best pay nearly double for the take offs compared to the cost of shortening the others. Also on this kit having no coils in the way will increase clearance in a couple places. The first couple sets that went out were super tight in places and other mods were having to be done. Although those problems have been addressed when it comes to clearance, more is better. Thank you!
Dan

Last edited:

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I will pick up a pair from you at the Spokane Winter Knights Snowmobile Show on the 8th of November. I assume you will be there again?

Are the A arms like Henry Fords original Model A? You can have any color you want as long as it's black?

You know everyone is looking for a "Snowshow Special Price" but, if you haven't raised your prices in 5 years, you already have an everyday "Special Price".

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Yes, thank you for sharing the pictures. Now, I hope this width makes the sled roll over very easily.

Not to derail this fine topics but, relating to the topic of rolling into turns in the powder; I just got a "Flex Arm" for the rear suspension on my snowbike. It's adjustable and replaces the fixed stock front suspension arm. It make the rear skid like the Skidoo XM rear skid. Does anyone make something like that for our M series sleds?

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
I will pick up a pair from you at the Spokane Winter Knights Snowmobile Show on the 8th of November. I assume you will be there again?

Are the A arms like Henry Fords original Model A? You can have any color you want as long as it's black?

You know everyone is looking for a "Snowshow Special Price" but, if you haven't raised your prices in 5 years, you already have an everyday "Special Price".
were wide open right now so no shows in the schedule. Only thing for a discount right now are a arm kits with a shock package. 10% off shocks if you get them with an a arm kit. As long as you don't mind covering my charge from the powder coater for the difference to meet their minimum per color ($35) we can do almost any color. Just have to get on the tiger coating web site and get me a RAL number. Thank you!
Dan

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
As soon as anyone gets some time on these A arms, please post the results.

I and others are dying to know how they work on the M sleds.

I am hoping for the best.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
So, has anyone in the Midwest or Buffalo New York area got a chance to try these A arms yet? We are still waiting on rideable snow in many areas out west.

Premium Features