• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1000 into m7 chassis

A
Dec 7, 2009
I bought a m7 body, have a 2010 cfr 1000 that cracked the bulkhead. M7 bulkhead is still good. Wondering who has dropped the 1000 into this chassis and what was needed. Doing a search I see guys had to rig up the pto mouthing stud and mag side bracket, but in my bin of spare parts, a Firecat mag mount will allow the mag side to bolt in, just wondering how to get the pto plate mounted.

Can I just drill out the existing plate for the extra holes? And stick another mount on the bar in the front pto side to compensate.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I think you would be money and time ahead to get a good used M1000 bulkhead. It is possible to do this project, but not $$$ efficient to do.

I don't know what state you are in, but I could get a good straight bulkhead lined out for you pretty quick if you need.

A
Dec 7, 2009
I think you would be money and time ahead to get a good used M1000 bulkhead. It is possible to do this project, but not $$$ efficient to do.

I don't know what state you are in, but I could get a good straight bulkhead lined out for you pretty quick if you need.

I figured it would be the cheapest route to go as I am in Alaska and shipping is a killer. I am planning to install the motor in the m7 chassis, then swap the tunnel for the 128", looks like I have to cut out the DD to fit the newer reverse case, but I don't see any other differences other then the mag engine mount, steering post and diamond drive cut-out. Using the CFR as a donor sled.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
I figured it would be the cheapest route to go as I am in Alaska and shipping is a killer. I am planning to install the motor in the m7 chassis, then swap the tunnel for the 128", looks like I have to cut out the DD to fit the newer reverse case, but I don't see any other differences other then the mag engine mount, steering post and diamond drive cut-out. Using the CFR as a donor sled.

Might as well just swap out the rear tunnel half and put an 05-06 diamond drive in it. It will work with engine reverse..

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Now that I think of it, you will run into issues with the rear drop brackets, in addition to the cfr tunnel front being unique to just the cfr, it's either narrower than a stock tunnel or shorter.. Not quite sure on that one.

A
Dec 7, 2009
Now that I think of it, you will run into issues with the rear drop brackets, in addition to the cfr tunnel front being unique to just the cfr, it's either narrower than a stock tunnel or shorter.. Not quite sure on that one.

I will take a look in the shop later, a quick look the other day with a tape beforehand showed width being the same, and I took comparison pictures and it appeared all rivets were in the same location. If anything, I will find a different bulkhead, but hard to justify another one when I already have one outside.

Premium Features