• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I'm back to the two stroke

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I've been away for a while. I tried the 1,100 turbo and it's heavy. It may have some good features and I can't sell it for that much, so I'm keeping it for now. I did go buy me an '10 M-8 Sno-Pro. Now I can give them both a good test. The M-8 has a few blems , but low miles. I figure I'll be a good rider on a sled that already is a bit nicked up. I can't wait to check them out. I did have an '09 and it was great.

What about that bearing?

Owen

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
put the double row bearing in the DD. (i dont think the 10s had it......my 09 didnt). its simple and cheap to do. you should tear into the DD to inspect, clean, and change oil anyways.

i wanted an 1100T in a bad way. i wanted to buy it for the wife to ride.....just so i could try it out (i am riding the doo xm chassis). i am a big guy (275) and i just though the extra power would help me out. i still to this day have not rode one.

alot of my riding is through tight trees, looking for good snow on those "not so good snow days". from the reviews i have read, the sled seems more like a "point and shoot" sled. however, its tough to thread the needle through the trees. i would still like to throw a leg over one and zip through the trees, but i wont spend 10000 bucks to do it.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
put the double row bearing in the DD. (i dont think the 10s had it......my 09 didnt). its simple and cheap to do. you should tear into the DD to inspect, clean, and change oil anyways.

i wanted an 1100T in a bad way. i wanted to buy it for the wife to ride.....just so i could try it out (i am riding the doo xm chassis). i am a big guy (275) and i just though the extra power would help me out. i still to this day have not rode one.

alot of my riding is through tight trees, looking for good snow on those "not so good snow days". from the reviews i have read, the sled seems more like a "point and shoot" sled. however, its tough to thread the needle through the trees. i would still like to throw a leg over one and zip through the trees, but i wont spend 10000 bucks to do it.

I'm 6'2" 330lbs and thought the same as you until I traded my 09 Ovs turboed m8 for a 2012 1100T with a EVO BC275, Simmons skis, vert steering, lightweight battery and many other extras. I literally rode it one time and knew it's not what I wanted. Power was WOW. But that's it. Ended up trading for a 2011 m8 snopro with 400 miles on it and $5k cash. Really glad I did that!!

The 2011 m8 still had the single row bearing in it.
It looked to be made by someone else compared to the one I took out of my 09 though......

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Power steering pump pully puller works perfect on the bearing. Pull the old one off. Set the gear in the deep freeze for a hour or so, heat up the new wide bearing with a heat gun to get it warm, it should just fall right on the frozen gear, no hammering at all!!!!

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
well alright then.

you definitely need boost to get up the MTN. I know because i'm 6'1- 250.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
you definitely need boost to get up the MTN. I know because i'm 6'1- 250.

have you tried a 3'' track? i was thinking about installing a "poor man's turbo" 163x16x3 on my doo to give me a little extra edge when it comes to slower, more technical tree riding. i dont climb and chutes or anything.....just looking for a little more of an advantage aside from 6 grand for boost (or jumping on the treadmill haha). what i dont want is a trenching machine with my fat azz on the sled. not sure how the 3'' will react...

Premium Features