• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch rebuild

C

cantrideinmn

Jun 22, 2010
Howard Lake, mn
I have a 09 Crossfire with around 4000 miles on it, and i am looking to rebuild the clutches. Where do you guys get your parts from, or have rebuild clutches rebuilt by? I ride my crossfire more like a M and would like to set it up with the mods you guys would do to an M. Thanks

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Scrap the primary and buy a new one, send the driven to BDX or Mels. Parts are not available for the primary and the spiders are more or less junk by the time they get them off anyway. The driven will need new bushings and the center post turned down, new rollers also.

C

cantrideinmn

Jun 22, 2010
Howard Lake, mn
Scrap the primary and buy a new one, send the driven to BDX or Mels. Parts are not available for the primary and the spiders are more or less junk by the time they get them off anyway. The driven will need new bushings and the center post turned down, new rollers also.

would you buy a stock clutch or go with a aftermarket?

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
Unless you plan on not having a primary for two months I wouldn't go with racinstation.

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
Unless you plan on not having a primary for two months I wouldn't go with racinstation.

I've had good results using racinstation. Fast turn around, easy to get ahold of and fair prices. I would defiantly use them again and have recommended them to friends and family.

zachman33

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2011
Washington
With shipping and total rebuild I had my clutch back in 15 days from Racinstation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
Well I'm glad it worked out for you, I didn't get my clutch back for 8 weeks. Even after that charged me full price, and after a month I started calling every week, he wasn't so nice after that. I had read only good things about them, that's why I went there but never again and will never recommend them to anyone.

Premium Features