• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Scratcher for ski ?

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I heard of guys using bolts any new tricks ?
I picked up a Timbersled skid and I'm going to run a anti stab and rear of coarse but that's it on the ground. Not to mention the engine is a mod so heat is a problem if going slow on the trail up.
Thx

S
Feb 21, 2009
sure

I'm sure you could ,it will be good for highfax, but dont see it getting snow up to the heatexchanger, cable scracthers are best.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
my buddy had the reversible scratchers

last year , and he said the tips keep breaking off. The cable scratchers will never break, had them for 4 years now

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
The reversible scratchers throw twice as much snow and come with a nice park bracket. Take a look on our website if you want more info.

both "park" brackets bent down and wouldnt hold the scratcher up after one weekend of riding.

i rarely use scratchers. i had these on all last year and never really used them. last trip out west last year we took the wives to the big horns. the snow was bad and we rode about 100 miles of trails in 4 days.....i planned on putting the scratchers down and leaving them down all weekend. by the end of day 1, one of the scratchers broke off right in the middle. on day 3 the other one broke off right in the middle. all i had was a limp stump hanging on both sides. they replaced them for free, but they went down the road with my old sled. i bought a different brand this go-round......

Premium Features