• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extra m1000 motor mount

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M
Jul 19, 2009
Eagle River WI
Has any one installed an extra motor mount on the ft of a m1000 using factory parts, There is a spot on the pto side ft of the block to put a mount,I'm swiching my bulkhead and tunnel from 08 to 09 style due to broken steering mount point and was just wondering , I also have bdx apv block off and resister for sale $100.00 used for 100 miles. thanx

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
yep you can install an extra motor on the pto side, you can also install an extra torque stop on the other side, Twisted Turbos does this on all their M1000 kits, I will try and get you some pics, you have to make a short little sleeve to install the mount on the pto side and it is a pain in the butt to put in but well worth it, pm product tester for more info

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Parts List

Here is the parts list for everything. You will need to fab the mount for the bumper stop. This is for the 07 M1000

Thunder

1ea 0708-524 Bracket, Engine Mounting - Assembly
2ea 1623-504 Screw, Cap
1ea 0608-467 Cap, Mounting Bracket - Engine
2ea 1623-603 Screw, Cap
1ea 0608-396 Bumper, Torque

Total bill should be around $100.00

I believe Shain sells his kit for around $150. So that is a pretty good deal if you don't want to do some fabricating of mounts and such.

Last edited:
A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Well finished the install of the PTO side mount. I don't think this is the way Stranger does it but this is how I did. Major PITA to remove the throttle bodies to install the bracket where I think it should have been. But in the long run I think this is a really good spot for it. This will help hold the motor forward. If I mounted it vertical like the Mag side I don't know that it would help alot in the front to back direction. (would want to twist on the shaft). But this way it is a direct push on the bracket. Now I need to get the bumper installed on the mag side.

Thunder

100_3029.jpg

100_3030.jpg

100_3031.jpg

Last edited:
M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
dang arctic thunder im digging that!! nice job

i put the extra mount near the oil pump like others were talking about ,, i had to go into it again and grind some more off the arm of the mount to clear the pump more though.. yes the TBs are a pita, and overall project was a pain.

i have the tourque stop but for the life of me i cant find a good place to put it,, could anyone post a pic of where they are mounting this?

only spot i thought of was near the mag side mound closer to the can.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
only spot i thought of was near the mag side mount closer to the can.

I think you are right. But it has to be on the front of the mag to do what it is supposed to do. I am looking into this also. I did see a spot just under the oil reservoir that might work. Would have to drill an access hole in the bulk head to get to it but might work. If I come up with something I will post it.

Thunder

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
dang arctic thunder im digging that!! nice job

i put the extra mount near the oil pump like others were talking about ,, i had to go into it again and grind some more off the arm of the mount to clear the pump more though.. yes the TBs are a pita, and overall project was a pain.

i have the tourque stop but for the life of me i cant find a good place to put it,, could anyone post a pic of where they are mounting this?

only spot i thought of was near the mag side mound closer to the can.

if you installed an extra motor mount i doubt you have to worry about using the bumper stop... unless you are a turbo! :D

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Nice job Arctic,
Did you fab the mount that bolts to the engine or is that an over the counter part?

Thanks,
Mark

I cut it out of scrap piece of alumin angle I had sitting around. Then hit it with the sand blaster to clean it up. Thought about drilling a couple more holes in it to keep the weight down. But....

Bolts are 4.25" on center. Drilled them with 1/2" bit. M12x1.5 into the bottom of the motor.

Thanks

Thunder

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Here is a picture of the torque stop I put on. I'm pretty sure this is about what Shain does. You have to remove the oil bottle which is a pain. Plan on buying a new oil bottle before you pull it out. After doing 2 of them now I think if I'm real lucky the next one I might get out without destroying.

Motor%20Stop.jpg

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Here is a picture of the torque stop I put on. I'm pretty sure this is about what Shain does. You have to remove the oil bottle which is a pain. Plan on buying a new oil bottle before you pull it out. After doing 2 of them now I think if I'm real lucky the next one I might get out without destroying.

Very nice!

I know what you mean about the oil bottle. AC must use the red permanent loctite on those darn torx head screws. I got two of the three out. But of course the third one spun the nut in the bottle. So either I junk the bottle and cut it out or leave it.

Might be able to grind the head off the one that is stuck and get it. I doubt it needs all them anyway.

Again nice job and thanks for the picture.

Thunder

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
I had the die grinder out and was picking my carbide before i even started. Start to finish it was really fast . Tossed that boat anchor in the thrash , and away we go.

Is the torque stop an AC part ?

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Thunder, I would try drilling the head off the screw. Get the bottle out and see if you can get the screw out once the bottle is out. It is in there so tight I think that 2 out of the three will hold it just fine. I bought one of the screws to put back in my new bottle and them come with a gray loctite on them. I've never seen gray before but thats what is on them.

What a frustrating 10 minute job. It took me about 8 hours, some swearing, and a few tools tossed accross the shop the first time.

Tips for those that are going do this. 1st-remove hood, pipe, throttle bodies. The oil bottle will not come out with the throttle bodies in. 2nd- there are 3 screws that hold the oil bottle in. The third screw is way in the front where you cant get at it.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
The third screw is way in the front where you cant get at it.

You mean the one that is coverd in the sealant crap that Arctic Cat used to plug all the holes between the plastic and the bulk head. :)

I seen that one and thought holy crap! Thought about drilling a small hole through the side panel but that just get ugly.

Thunder

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Yup thats the fun one. I really think they must put that in before they put the plastic sides on. I just about spent the time to take the plastic side off. Then I just got mad and drilled the head off. I'm sure even if you could get on it, the nut would strip out in the oil bottle like all the others.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Arctic does that extra motor mount come on the sled or did you have to get it from cat? If you had to buy it what is the part number. I would like to do the extra motor mount and torque stop as well. I was a little worried about figuring out how to do it but your post made it look pretty easy.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Arctic does that extra motor mount come on the sled or did you have to get it from cat? If you had to buy it what is the part number. I would like to do the extra motor mount and torque stop as well. I was a little worried about figuring out how to do it but your post made it look pretty easy.

It is the same motor mount that is on the Mag side. I had to make the piece that is bolted to the bottom of the motor. Pretty easy. here is the parts list. I got everything from Guy's.

except the piece I built.

1ea 0708-524 Bracket, Engine Mounting - Assembly
2ea 1623-504 Screw, Cap
1ea 0608-467 Cap, Mounting Bracket - Engine
2ea 1623-603 Screw, Cap
1ea 0608-396 Bumper, Torque

Total bill should be around $100.00

Thunder

Premium Features