• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Project Sled....More pics to come

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Yeah, I've heard the older standard probes had quite a bit of lag. But the fast response probes are supposed to be much better.

kusy

Premium Member
Mar 26, 2008
updates???

Just wondering how things are coming along? looks great so far.

Sep 16, 2014
Heat is your friend when laying the vinyl out. Just make sure you get everything nice and clean. I started in the center of tunnel and slowly worked my way out to the edge. I used a small plastic spreader for laying bondo and smoothed out the vinyl as I went. It really wasnt too bad. Hopefully I will get the boards done this weekend, then I can really start moving on this thing. Once the boards are done I can start working on the skid...

I really want to do this on my 09 sno pro Le. Would look awesome on it I think. I wrapped the dash on my 2014 ram sport and looks amazing but how durable will it be on a tunnel?

If using a heat gun be careful not to heat to much as it will almost melt in your hands. I'd steal the blow dryer from the old lady if you have one lol

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Well the sled is finally close to done! Between work, school, two jetski projects, my truck, boats, and every thing else I have got a chance to hop back on this thing! Ordered a few more goodies and should get them in the mail soon. I went with a Pro Armor tether switch. I've hard tons of good things about them and I like the T style tether. I was going to have all the exhaust ceramic coated but decided to do a Titanium Wrap on it instead. Slightly cheaper and eventually I want to upgrade exhaust systems. Once I get the pipe back on and the tether installed,a few misc. odds and ends, and I'll be ready to fire the thing up!! We got a little bit of snow here last night so I started going to town on the thing again! My father built me a sled lift this spring and I don't know how I worked on sleds for so long without one!!!! They absolutely rock!

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Got some parts on today and a little closer!! This ProArmor Tether is bad@ss!! Nice product. Comes with basic install instructions for an ATV which were pretty much worthless to me. But if you know what your doing, its pretty easy to install.

The tether is a "open circuit" normally, which is the same system that is on I believe all M-Series, but not positive. In order for the tether to function properly, I wired it in series with key switch. This way if either the tether or the key make a "closed circuit", the engine should die. Fairly simple install. Although I choose to solder my connections, shrink wrap, and cover, so it took a little time but turned out good.

While I was wiring, I finished up the Koso Dual EGT gauge. I debate on using a "sno-bunjie" style system, with a Ballastic Battery I have. I would have to get a rectifier to convert AC-DC and use the battery as a capicator, and run the DC power off that. I might still do that, because I want a 12v power supply to run a GPS or something off of. Anyways, I decided to wire in my power to the Koso Gauge through the fuel pump DC circuit. I was hesitant to do this, because the ECU is essentially doing to the converting, but many others have done it with good luck. I pulled apart the connection at the fuel pump, and soldered the + wire from the gauge into the + on the fuel pump connection, and reassembled. Hopefully I wont have a problem with it.

The exhaust wrap is here tomorrow! I'll get that done, and a few throw some lubes, and fire her off!! I drove up on the hill behind my house and found snow this weekend, im hoping it sticks around!!

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
ad863edefdd87df42bab7306cdf67ecb.jpg
a867d71f3f225964b568c9cef3ad3bfc.jpg
611cfd0d2f529fdcbcea28fa04557fa2.jpg
d575c268549847010fc794120916bb85.jpg
2b3cabb551fe0744f1bb922900e86fab.jpg
e711969d4e0fc51f25bdbf1809b1201b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
So if I'm not running any heat grips, do I need to install a resistor or anything to take up some of the power?? I know you have to do something similar when running a headlight delete but wasn't sure about the heat grips.

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
The tether is a "open circuit" normally, which is the same system that is on I believe all M-Series, but not positive. In order for the tether to function properly, I wired it in series with key switch.

The tether needs to be wired in parallel with the key switch so that if either one closes it'll kill the sled. If it's wired in series to close the circuit both switches would have to close.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
The tether needs to be wired in parallel with the key switch so that if either one closes it'll kill the sled. If it's wired in series to close the circuit both switches would have to close.

I meant wired in parallel which is how I did it. Thanks for correcting me BowFisher! This way both the key switch or the tether can close the circuit.

Got my Thermal Zero 1" Titanium Exhaust wrap in the mail today! I should have it on tonight!

Last edited:

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
bced8de57ef381fb01ca2027321df8f5.jpg
6f9093657096fc671103b72a04d91948.jpg

These are the only ones I have on my phone. I'll take a few more tonight! But seriously. I wish I had one years ago. Mines built out of stainless, which is overkill, but I had some 1 by tubing laying around so I went with that. The jack is a standard trailer jack with an adapter welded on top for using my impact gun

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
A few more pics of how I wired everything and I got the wrapped installed. I read that most people do not wet the wrap before applying, but according to the MFG. website it is optional. So I opted to soak it first, then wrap and I'm incredibly happy with the results! The wrap is a heavy high quality( up to 3000F) titanium fiber material. It went on easy. This is the first job I've done and I'm happy. 100 ft of 1" wrap. I figured I would have plenty left over, but to do it properly, this is what I found it takes.

85a51f11389cd31006cc8a41d0627969.jpg
6da0473401104c128500411689bfc349.jpg
449bf5be7014803f1d2cf7910f25586a.jpg
6ad1a640ad4756adb9dc7ca5559e59ba.jpg

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Fired the sled for the first time this weekend. Heat cycled it twice. Engine sounded great! I have a question for those out there who are knowledgeable of the wiring system. If I removed my Hi/Lo beam switch from the sled, can I still run either a Hi or Lo setting on the headlight without a switch? I have the heat grips removed as well, so the connections at the steering column have been disconnected and are empty. I was thinking I must have to make a jumper wire for them to work? Nether headlight came on when I started it for the heat cycle.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
When I went to start the sled, I noticed the friggin pull cord had been cut and was really short. So I hopped on and bought a Cobra Cord and Handle. Anybody use this stuff? Supposedly the tensile strength on the cord is insane. Got it hooked up and now were all good!!! The billet handle is a nice finish piece to the product!!
777d5b0d2c6921012730e197d4fc6042.jpg

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Well, I picked up a brand new hood from MBMS! Just wanted to say thanks for the great service and thanks to TNTCOPP for helping me with shipping arrangements!! I have a final box of parts coming to install and then I'm hitting the road searching for snow!!! I'll have some final pictures of the build here shortly!

Premium Features