• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help M8

zr870

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2014
Just picked up this sled and went to clean the clutchs and bingo rollers in the secondary are gone ....broke out and chewed up the helix.....what helix should I replace it with for flat land riding at 1200 ft.....also what puller is needed for the drive....I have one for my turbo and one for an F7....

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
What year m-8 i have some i will send you a stock one if you pay the shipping

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Most people use the RK Tek adjustable helix and are pretty happy with it. It allows user control and allows you to dial in your sled depending on the mods you have. As for the puller for the drive, pretty sure the Arctic Cat only makes one now for all their primaries.

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
Most people use the RK Tek adjustable helix and are pretty happy with it. It allows user control and allows you to dial in your sled depending on the mods you have. As for the puller for the drive, pretty sure the Arctic Cat only makes one now for all their primaries.

2010+ M8 uses a different puller than 2009-. The HO puller is the same as a M1000.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I really haven't had problems with either Rock or the high temp but you should also order new helix bolts or find some better ones to put in. They are not very strong and the stampings are too shallow.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
I really haven't had problems with either Rock or the high temp but you should also order new helix bolts or find some better ones to put in. They are not very strong and the stampings are too shallow.

x2 and if you are really unlucky they will break when you are trying to take them out!

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I haven't had to much luck with the rock rollers,I seem to break one every ride.
As they are a pain in the azz I tapped and added bolts to hold the rollers.
It takes around two minutes to replace on the mountain.
3b330ac05b99b720ca7f6d98edf6198d.jpg

As for the torx screws holding shives together make sure you heat them up or they will break.
They use red lock tight on them so don't forget to lock tight them on replacement.
I take clutches off of Cats all the time with water.Lay sled on side then pour water into the bolt hole then Teflon tape the clutch bolt a bit thick but don't over do it then tighten it up and the clutch will just pop off.
If it don't happen the first time it always pops the second time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85fe7d04db14dab2b543f9183e8dd848.jpg

This picture of pin replacement bolt is 1 7/8 long and is stainless steel.
Go check out you local bolt supply and you can get a torx or Allen head stainless bolt then machine bolt head smaller diameter then rethread with a smaller die to keep the pin the same diameter....that make sense?! Lol
I had a bunch machined a few years ago but am going to need to get some more soon for latest builds.

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I see that if you get the Cutler torsional clutch kit it comes complete with roller pin bolt conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features