• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx Pipe on 2008 M8

m7freak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coburg, Oregon
Hi, just picked up a Speedwerx pipe for my 2008 AC M8. Sled is bone stock except for SLP can. Any input if a fuel controller is needed? I will be riding between 5-7K. I have seen many guys running the SLP set up with no controller but can't seem to find any info on the Speedwerx.

Thanks in advance!!!

M

meierjn

Nov 11, 2008
My brother in law is running one on a 07 without a controller. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be setup that way but that's the way the sled was when he bought it. What does the manufacturer recommend?

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I wouldn't run sled without some sort of fuel controller.
Send BackCountryIsLife (BCIL) a pm.A few years ago I do believe he ran his sled for a while without controller.
I think most of his riding was in and around 10,000 feet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m7freak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coburg, Oregon
Controller

Hi, I went ahead and ordered an Attitude Ind controller to be safe. Sled is stock except pipe and ca, any suggestions on settings for the controller? Where does it need fuel? Mid range and top end? Or just mid range?

Thanks in advance!!!

B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
If it were me I'd ride without it and read the plugs. I have an 09 m8 I ran full slp kit I ran that sled without a controller and it did just fine. I decided to have it ported and 13.7 head by rk tek and boyesen reeds. I added a boonie box and am only adding 2-4% fuel above 6500 rpm. Sled rips good and plugs read a touch rich which is just fine with me.

Not sure about attitude boxes but the ejk box plugs into the air temp sensor along with injectors. I have an 07 m8 that kept throwing codes and giving us fits with the air temp sensor. Take it off and she ran good. Cats have always had that lean midrange. I just either blow past that to wot or blip around it. If you do add the fuel box I'd add fuel in mid and full settings but not much at all. Pretty rich from the factory. Your plugs will tell you everything you need to know. Have fun ride hard!

Bru

m7freak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coburg, Oregon
Pipe

Thanks, I will only add a little at mid range and see what the plugs look like. Did you change your clutching at all with the SLP kit?

B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
Yes. Got the RK Tek torsional on the secondary, dropped the weights to 69 g speedwerx weights in the primary and changed the spring to a speedwerx h5 with rates of 135ish 305 ish finish. If I recall.... Been awhile. Sled ran very well at 6-8k elevation.

Premium Features