• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tach not working

H
Dec 7, 2009
I have an 08 M6 that I can't get the tach to read. It lights up but doesn't show any rpm ect.... Any ideas? I've checked the tach on another sled and the tach does work. Thanks.

GottaBWest

Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2009
It was common on the m7 that the electronic pickup mounted to the diamond drive would go bad. Mine did this, I replaced it and it solved the problem. Not sure if the 08 had the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iowa827

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2010
Aurelia Iowa
Will that sensor also make the tach not show rpm? I have the same issue though I believe its only rpm im missing.

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
CCU is usually controls tach

The sensor I think is for the speedo, tach is off the engine mag on the crank. I think you may need a new CCU. Chassis control unit. Could be wrong though. Just a guess

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Any new input on this subject? A friend just picked up a 06 M6 for his Daughter to ride this year. The tach doesn't work. Everything else on the gauge works great. I could be wrong but I don't believe that the 05-06 had a CCU. Don't think cat came up with that till 07 when they needed more power for the servo motor for the reverse.

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Correct

I think they used a CCU from 07 to 08 as the were a AC electrical system. In your case might just be the wiring, I've seen that before. My 2 cents

Premium Features