• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 M8 good deal or not?

Drlsldr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 5, 2012
Missoula Montana
Looking at getting a 2007 M8 153" with 1200 miles. Any info. On this year and what would be a fair price? Right now they are asking $4300. Seems a little high for a soon to be 8 year old sled?
Thanks

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Looking at getting a 2007 M8 153" with 1200 miles. Any info. On this year and what would be a fair price? Right now they are asking $4300. Seems a little high for a soon to be 8 year old sled?
Thanks

I just picked up an 09 LE sno pro with 1500 miles for $4800. So IMO thats a little high, especially since the 07s had issues with the bulkhead cracking by the heat exchanger. Spend the extra money and get an 09+. Engine reverse, better tunnel, telescoping bars, better skid, powerclaw track etc.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i remember seeing some 07 engines covered in tinfoil.so ill say 3500 max for a super nice one

Drlsldr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 5, 2012
Missoula Montana
Hey thanks, I think it is stock. Not sure how to get the price down as it is at the cat dealership...They had it priced originally at $4995!
Pretty dependable machines though and easy to get used to riding?

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
they are fun to ride.they might come down more if you show them some cashola since dealers are usually way overpriced to start with..:)

Drlsldr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 5, 2012
Missoula Montana
Having a tough time deciding if this sled is a good idea...
Wish I had the funds to buy new, too many kids in college!
2 other questions, what track came standard on thr 07, and is there a bearing upgrade that could or should be done on the diamond drive -that gear system makes me nervous?
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experience

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Having a tough time deciding if this sled is a good idea...
Wish I had the funds to buy new, too many kids in college!
2 other questions, what track came standard on thr 07, and is there a bearing upgrade that could or should be done on the diamond drive -that gear system makes me nervous?
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experience

The challenger track came standard on the 07. The bearing upgrade is more for the 2009+ diamond drives. It's a 5203 double roller bearing. Costs about 20 bucks. I'd get the manual shift lever to the reverse if you decide to get the sled. Then ride it; really not a bad thing about these sleds. Just change the oil in the gearcase annually. Check the oil for signs of shavings and inspect inside if you do. Should be a problem free sled.

Drlsldr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 5, 2012
Missoula Montana
Thanks, you guys damn near got me talked into this thing. Now if you guys could convince my wife it's a good deal LOL

gunslinger770

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2006
North of Okanogan, Wa.
I agree.....offer 3600 cash...see what they do....at least it's a starting point.....They are good sleds. I just picked up a second sled, an 07 M1000 for 3950 so you might get a deal at 36...

As far as your better half goes.....we sledders all think you need this sled!.....hope that helps your cause..... ;)

Drlsldr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 5, 2012
Missoula Montana
Not seeing much else... Seems like there is more on this sled I probably can't fix my self (gear case and bearings etc.). The wife said that would be good because I get too stressed trying to fix them myself - Lol, maybe she is ok with this one!
Was the reverse a source of problems on the 07? I see a comment to switch to a manual lever?
Thanks again for the input, had so much fun on my first two cats makes me want to try this one.

Premium Features