• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extra m1000 motor mount

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Don't know why but I couldn't just go in and EDIT this post. So I guess I will just have to do it here.

The bolt size is M12x1.25 I had the wrong size listed last year.

Thunder

I cut it out of scrap piece of alumin angle I had sitting around. Then hit it with the sand blaster to clean it up. Thought about drilling a couple more holes in it to keep the weight down. But....

Bolts are 4.25" on center. Drilled them with 1/2" bit. M12x1.5 into the bottom of the motor.

Thanks

Thunder

B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
THANKS GUYS THIS WAS VERY HELPFULL,also i did manage to get the torque bumper installed without taking the oil tank off it was actually not too hard as the ugly bolt on the front of oil tank stripped so i went for it and sure enough all good,would have saved me a hour of fartn around too and i changed top mag side mount as it looked fine till i had it off and it is riped all up again,but this time they gave me one with the green dot i sure hope it helps,and when im in there i think i better replace the bottom mount as well as it looks saged too and when i did replace it i used the 50 duro from the 440 sno pro also used this mount underneath motor and front pto as this is the only safe places for this mount do not use it anywhere else it will bust stuff ,also when i was doing all the mount changes i ended up doing a m7 snubber under the motor to help take some stress off the mounts,and i did the mount under the motor great idea and works fantastic thanx arctic thunder,and also installed the linderman mount this thing is nice and solid now,my belt went from 200 miles to 600 miles so the cost of all the mounts paid for itself already now if i could lay off the thumb a bit i bet i could get closer to 800 lol but thats no fun,and i find out they just updated the 06 m7 mount to a 60 duro mount here is the number arctic cat #s 0608-404 60 duro motor mount 0608-405 50 duro motor mount 0608-364 45 duro motor mount well i guess next time i replace these mounts will be with the 404 mount and here is the engine snubber bottom out for under motor 0608 460 u will need to trim 1/8-1/4 inch to mak it fit nice but i feel it helps alot

Last edited:
H

homeycat

Dec 6, 2007
i got my snubber in without taking the tank out as well...pita! added lindermans mount a couple of weeks ago also... i think i finally have the belt problem fixed...

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
Don't know why but I couldn't just go in and EDIT this post. So I guess I will just have to do it here.

The bolt size is M12x1.25 I had the wrong size listed last year.

Thunder

Super, I wish I would have saw this edit before running a 1.5 through them.... LOL.

Oh well, I did borrow your design, and with lots of red locktite, should be fine.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
May be a silly question but I have to ask:

Is the motor mount 0608-404 (60 duro) overall diameter correct to fit in the 0708-555 Left side engine bracket?

I need to change all of the "rubber isolated" mounts and just want to check if I'm ordering correctly.

Thanks,

Q

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Should help belt life on stock machine too.

Since I have my 1000 apart again right now to big bore it, Im going through all mounts and I had torque stop and extra mount under motor and linderman mount, it still is not enough. I broke my bottom mount that was added and torque stop rubber was really tore up from being on angle part of case.

So now I'm going to add another under neath motor for a total of two there, and then put another vertically on pto side under throttle bodies. Also going to move torque stop to flatter location on case.

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
More mounts, torque stop on flat spot now. I don't care about tag getting a little messed up on motor.

Attachments

• torque stop m1200.jpg
    torque stop m1200.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 189
  • tm1200 bottom of motor.jpg
    tm1200 bottom of motor.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 189
  • tm1200 front two motor mounts.jpg
    tm1200 front two motor mounts.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 173
Premium Features