• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M series foot well mod

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
that looks good man, dont worry.. the haters and know it alls are going to hate. but I agree my footwells are packed so full during the day I cant use the toe holds anyway. I have tried everything from putting plastic inside the footwells to keep the snow from building up but its just a pain to keep it clean. What do you need toe holds for anyway?? back flips??

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
I put a rubber hood strap on the side. If you look real close in the other pic it's there it just blends in a bit. Here's a pic without the panel. It locks into place really good. Can't move up or down and the bottom is still in the groove.

image.jpg

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
Was out last weekend by valemont and we had 3' of fresh and my foot well mod worked amazing. Side panels stayed tight and the snow never jammed up and was super easy to kick out. Liked my feet position a lot better when side hilling, overall I am very pleased with the mod and can't think of anyway I could improve it.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
rode

Was out last weekend by valemont and we had 3' of fresh and my foot well mod worked amazing. Side panels stayed tight and the snow never jammed up and was super easy to kick out. Liked my feet position a lot better when side hilling, overall I am very pleased with the mod and can't think of anyway I could improve it.

Rode one time and am in the process of taking the toe grab out, amongst other things,, tank,, gear drive,,steering,, and so on: :D

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
Cleaned up the side panel. Wasn't happy with the gill vents, always packed full of snow. Made these out of thin aluminum with mesh in behind.

image.jpg

predator800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
Saskatoon, SK
Great mods. You just motivated me to leave my 2014 alone for awhile and do these mods on my 2010. Thanks for your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
Got a pretty good start on my air frames. Wanted to build boards that didn't need welding. These will rivet together. The bars are 1/2" stainless pipe which are very strong but very light.

image.jpg

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
My gill vents where always packed full of snow. So not only not venting but added some weight when packed with ice. They sure look nice though, I think if they would improve their design so the snow could drop out the bottom they could work.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I have a few things on the go with my M this off season also.
I like your foot well mod . I've been thinking of replacing the
The outside piece of the foot well with say 3/16 aluminum plate
Cut into a L type shape , worried the stress/weight of the board
Will cause problems down the road.
I agree that having your foot ALL the way up front is the best and
Being able to turn your foot would be good.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
I put on about 400 miles with the foot well mod and it held up perfect. It works so good. No snow rammed in there and loved my feet further forward.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
Got the other side finished up. Used frog skins for venting. Will be installing the alt impact 36" a arms here soon and have a pro-motion rear arm coming soon too. Should make the old M handle like the new iron I hope!

image.jpg

M
Feb 20, 2008
La Center, WA
Here is my version of the mod. I still need to do some cutting on the running board as a bit of snow can build up near the front but it works well as seems just as beefy.

300_6146%20(Medium).JPG

300_6150%20(Medium).JPG

300_6151%20(Medium).JPG

I used the original hinge pin grommet with a clevis pin.

300_6152%20(Medium).JPG

I may put some venting in here at some point. The piece is a u-shape and riveted to the tunnel from the inside as well.

300_6153%20(Medium).JPG

For the sidepanel I just cut a pie shape out, pulled it together and riveted it. Looks pretty clean IMO.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I like the idea of this, but I've got very serious questions about the longevity of this setup with a bigger, or more dynamic rider on it... that L is not nearly as strong as I'd like, I'm curious how long it will hold up. (I already have to re-rivet my boards every season and a 1/2 or so)

Premium Features