• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jaws Twin Pipes for Crossfire 1000 R

B
Apr 29, 2008
Ive already got the SLP Y pipe, Single pipe and canister and was wondering who out there runs Jaws Twins? I am wondering if its worth the upgrade to what I already have?

Most of the time I run it without my nitrous (Holtzman, 2-22.5 gram nozzles) but the Pipes would need to be compatible either way.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Interesting. Care to eloborate more? Have you seen dyno #s on either of these setups?

I really appreciate it.

Well, I have seen 5 or 6 M1000 slp setups & have yet to see ONE of them make the power they should. Maybe it's clutching, but I know 3 people that have sold their slp setups for something else.

The cutler twins are a bit better than the Jaws btw, bby2000 (at altitude) considering you're on the sled you're on, how they do at altitude probably isn't your greatest concern though! Shame they don't make a powerclaw in the 121 though...

B
Apr 4, 2008
NW MT
I think Greg claims 20 HP and they make 20-22. I'm pretty sure SLP claims 26 or something like that...I've seen 10 and on rare occasion 12.

The guy running the Dyno, fuel, etc. is a huge name in AC performance which I won't share.

My experience with SLP is that they make quality product that unfortunately for them and others who buy them, don't perform (pipes). There are only a very few people who know how to make pipes that perform and advertise truthfully...Greg is one of them.

S
Dec 27, 2007
prince george, bc, canada
i strongly agree with blue light, slp pipes suck, i ran slp single pipe with the Y and the silencer, it got nowhere near the power (they claimed it would), so i sold that system and went with the jaws twins, and wow did they wake that baby 700 up, i have yet to see a slp m8 crank out juice my jaws twins m7 is, however the pipes and boondocker are now for sale as i just installed a cuttler turbo,

i also have a 2009 m1000 SP, i sent my top end away to brent from arctic edge, i will tell you now, this guy knows his cats and basically i asked him how do i make my m1000 crank out the power without going to the turbo, so he told me to send him my top end. about 4 weeks later i got my top end back with a nice set of jaws twins, he ported the jugs, shaved the head down and added a 2nd base gasket to raise the ports so you can advance the timing. this thing rips, unless im up against a 30,000$ yamaha turbo im breakin trail, and so far, no problems at 800 total miles.

there is my 2 cents on jaws, my only complaints were they melted my oil jug lid on my m7. and they melted my throttle cable off on my m1000, but a few minor mods and good to go. also these pipes are fairly loud, here is a video of my m7 on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jTyn1beVCs

Last edited:
B
Apr 29, 2008
Guys

Thanks a ton for the feedback. Question on porting, has anyone delt with Jeff Sherlock out in NY for porting. I talked to him and some guys on Amsnow about the big power he is getting out of these 1000's with his porting and Jaws Twin pipes. I am not willing to run race fuel all day long, so it would need to work with 92-93 octane.

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
if your thinking of doing some port work id find out who is running a ported 1000 i have a set of ported cylinders that were supposed to be fixed and it never happened so i called and told them to send them back not who sells the port job but who runs one dynoed and so on i would call fastrax and talk to curtis or a engine builder that rides on jmho

B
Apr 4, 2008
NW MT
If your gonna cut up your motor talk to Brent. Be carefull, overported motors suck...you can't carry enough gas and it doesn't matter how much power you make when you're burn'n 15 gal to your buddy's 5. That's why I do my own.

S
Dec 27, 2007
prince george, bc, canada
brent from arctic edge specializes in setting up jaws and cpc twins with engine porting and what not, he did my 1000 and yes i run 91 octane, no lower tho and no problems, he has dyno charts of the 1000 with jaws twins and porting running around 200hp, i dont know how much torque you get but my 1000 sure launches out of the hole in a hurry, and as far as fuel milage, it is worse then my buddys stock m1000 but its not bad to the point of where your always stressing out about how much fuel you have, a full tank and a jerry can will get you through the day. if you want brents number i can pm it to you, he would be more helpful to you then i am.

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
I did som test on a otherwise stock 07 M1000 0-4500ft.
Stock 7200rpm,Speedwerx single 7500rpm,Jaws twin 7800rpm.
So at this altitude the Jaws is the best mods you can do.At other altitudes,other mods might be better.

I had this Jaws twins on my heavy modifyed M1200,but had serios problem getting the piston to last on long pulls..had a other twin pipe that gaiv a little less hp but lasted long pulls.

Last edited:
B
Apr 29, 2008
Stankowski, or whoever else may know, in the Jaws instructions there are 2 different boondocker settings. I set mine up with the richest settings. Throttle response is good at low RPMS, but it feels a bit lazy when hammering the throttle midrange. Does anyone know if the leaner settings can be trusted? I just dont want to burn this thing down. Also, 93 octane fuel is readily available here so getting good fuel isnt an issue for me. The leaner settings say they are for questionable fuel or very long WOT pulls. Im just not sure what they mean by very long WOT pulls. The longest I will hold a sled open is MAYBE 1/2 mile. Will I be safe with the leaner settings based on this info.

I have stock motor with extra base gasket installed.

Also, are any of you guys running the 046 belt vs. the 060? The 046 is half the money and when I measured them, they are virtually identical.

Thanks guys

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
do you really need that extra base gasket with porting and 2.5 degree timing key...also are the d%d twins decent..??

D
Jan 23, 2014
^^i dont know how different D&D's 1000 twins are from their 1200 twins, but i can say that their 1200 twins are disappointing. I feel they didn't make the power they should, and they also don't leave any room for powervalves. Also pretty much impossible to change sparkplugs without taking pipes off and the flanges on mine like to leak unless I glob the hell out of them with permatex.

Would love to drive my sled out to Jaws and have some twins made up to try and make more power, but don't have the $$$ for that right now.

Premium Features