• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gripper skis on the M series

X

xcsks

Nov 26, 2007
Hi, have a set of Polaris Gripper skis coming for my 09 HCR. What's the best bolt/rubbers set up for an easy install or does the stock AC bolt and rubber work well? thx

P

Powder Buster

Feb 3, 2009
Not sure if this has been covered in any of the past threads about using grippers, but you might want to consider an alternative to the stock poo ski rubbers. They wear out quickly, and when they do the ski will flip straight up at times and stop you in your tracks.

Here's the thread from the pro section. clicky

I used the skidoo rev rubbers and they worked great on the pro.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I just cut the gripper ski groove down so I could use the cat stoppers.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Did not want to buy the Poo hard wear etc.

I used a aluminum bur on a die grinder to remove one ridge so the gripper had a flat saddle bottom like a M ski

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I have both the metric 10-11 and the standard 7/16 bolt in the 09-07 I went with the 7/16 bc I had new bolts on hand. I drilled out the bushing on the the Poo ski and the four washers. To drill out the ski bushing I used a piece of pipe with a ID of 5/8 cut off a inch then cut a slilt in it removed burs and inserted ski bushing then into the vise used lots of lube and drill it out , I used a bit two sizes smaller then 7/16 then used 7/16. Then I used a piece of 1/2 thick plastic to get the saddle bottom to 7/8 from bolt center.
This is how I did it, I searched and never found the info I was after so I have posted this in this existing thread.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I think they are all the same. I honestly don't know if there is a difference from the 09 rmk to the 14 ski

Premium Features