• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wrench under engine

C
Mar 20, 2011
So working on the sled i dropped a wrench under the motor i could barley see it between both cylinders I took the pipe off and turned the sled on its side to try get the wrench to one side with the side pannels off its well under the motor and wont come out. Anyone have any ideas..... i dunno if ill be able to get to it with the skid off or not but thats my next idea.... Thanks for any input

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If you can see it, and often even if you can't, you should be able to coax it out with a strong telescoping magnet, if the wrench is steel and not the Titanium or Carbon Fiber wrenches that are gaining popularity for the on sled tool kits.

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
As long as you don't have a riveted on skid plate, the little plastic panel under the engine comes off real easy with just some screws.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
X2

there are about 6 hex head metal screws on the bottom of the engine, square shaped plastic piece, take out the screws , and remove the plastic cover.

Sep 16, 2014
had this happen to me too the other day. I just picked up the track end of the sled and wiggled it and then tipped on its side and it came out. maybe try tipping some more

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I think it take me a total of 90 seconds to get my skid pan off. It takes longer to find the drive bit for my cordless impact driver. I really dont see what the issue is here.

Premium Features