• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what is a good fuel box for a m1000

R
Dec 4, 2009
nampa
Hey guys, what are some good easy to use fuel boxes for the m1000. my setup is
shaved head 10k
d&d full exhaust
stock intake, advice on this would be nice.
oil delete.

Thanks

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
If you like to tinker with fuel settings, the Dynojet Power Commander fuel controllers are popular. The one I have on my street bike is super easy to adjust the amount of fuel at many throttle settings and rpm, just by hooking up a laptop to it, and the unit holds two fuel maps so you can switch between the two by the flip of a dip switch.

M
Dec 23, 2010
Fuel boxes

People seem to bash Bd boxes but I've run mine for 3 years on my 1000. Can't imagine anything easier. Adjust fuel in 5 minutes, no laptop, just stop and change it. Never a problem with it.

R
Dec 4, 2009
nampa
much Thanks

Hey guys thanks for the replys i have the PC5 but the prevous owner let the outer cover get burnt a little, Which makes me nervous about its reliability. I would hate to burn down a motor because of a box malfunction. Does anyone know how i could test it? if not i will probably try to find the dobeck box.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
You should be able to send it back in to Dyno Jet and have them check it out. Had a boondocker box on our 09 M1000 almost since it was new and it is getting ditched for a Power Commander 5 with the 1300 kit that is going on it. The BD box worked, but you really had to watch the EGTs on the trail with it. The adjustments were not fine enough to have crisp throttle response and power while boondocking and still keep it cool at a constant mid-throttle on the trail. The new BD boxes have more rpm increments to adjust so they should be better than the older ones with only 4-RPM ranges.

Ryan31,

Using the PCV on M1000's is wildly popular all across the globe. Like many have mentioned, they like to run cooler and must fuel precisely at those troublesome Hot areas.
If the outer cover on you box is slightly burned, investigate the burned section for any grayish material or greenish silicon circuit board portions. This would indicate that the melting went through the enclosure and into the board. If the area remains as a black plastic material, you would be fine.
A quick and easy test is to plug the unit in, start the sled, and watch for two LED's to dance upon startup from red-green, then go solid green once running. This is normal operation and the PCV is good to go.

~T.J.

Premium Features