• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buying an 09 m8, got some questions

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
A little trick on the fuel tank

carefully remove the fuel baffles out of the tank without bending the hoses, remove the small fuel baffle - washer looking piece from the rear fuel pickup and then re- assemble the fuel pickup, this keep the rear fuel pickup sucking fuel from the tank at all times , this comes in handy when going from uphill to downhill. I'm on my 3rd 09 M series, but i'm running big boost 10 psi on a garrett 2871. and this was a small trick i was told about to help the fuel system for modded sleds. M series.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
before i spent much $$ on powder coating

look into upgrading to a 2.6" Power claw. that will make a big improvement. Bling doesn't get you any higher up the MTN. Don't get me wrong I'm not Anti-bling. I'm just all about BANG for my hard -earned BUCK!!

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
new 2.6 750.00 sell the 2.25 for 350.00 for a 400.00 out of pocket and well worth the money! best bang for the buck.

zachman33

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2011
Washington
well to start off a mbrp can (or something equivalent), a windshield, possibly a seat, ect...

We if I were you and you want to get that stuff I would go through Michelle at Oregon Trail Sports. She's got some of the best prices on a lot of the stuff you need. Shorty windshield, maybe short AC seat or even a boss seat she has it! If you go MBRP can I am not sure if she carries that or not. Hopefully other people will chime in here and give you a better idea.

Sep 16, 2014
We if I were you and you want to get that stuff I would go through Michelle at Oregon Trail Sports. She's got some of the best prices on a lot of the stuff you need. Shorty windshield, maybe short AC seat or even a boss seat she has it! If you go MBRP can I am not sure if she carries that or not. Hopefully other people will chime in here and give you a better idea.

Yes I'd like a 2010 seat or something. I like the Spg seat but so expensive. I'll check them out though thanks! I did find a full d&d y pipe, pipe, and silencer with a Boondocker controller for 450 bucks so I might get that this weekend

Premium Features