• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MadFab EZ Boards installed...2 thumbs up...

A

ajb1205

Jan 20, 2012
After a lot of research I ended up going with a set of MadFab's EZ Board inserts for my M8. Being that my sled is practically brand new, I really didn't want to have to hack up the stock boards (been there, done that with my old Assault). These are truly "EZ" to install...no cutting, no grinding. Just place on top of your stock boards, drill 15 or so holes per side, rivet and bolt on the traction bolts...done. From start to finish maybe 45 minutes. My pictures didn't turn out at all (I'll get some better ones as soon as I can) so here is a link with pics.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308092&highlight=ez+boards

I will be trying them out this coming up weekend and will post my results.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I would like to add that if you could get a piece to go along the side ot the tunnel, that is the real problem area!!! The snow melts against the warm tunnel from the heat from the tube coolers and gravity from there. The EZ boards help but ,,,,,
FYI I have a 07 with Mod Rod boards and a 11 with EZ. Pls make EZ sides

A

ajb1205

Jan 20, 2012
I will be addressing that issue (tunnel snow and ice build up) with a full tunnel wrap but that will be a summer project. One step at a time.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I have to give some thumbs up as well. I got them for my 07 M8, there was some cutting for that but worth it. They are working, oh and look good too. Very Nice Product and Service..... Thank you!

A

ajb1205

Jan 20, 2012
Not the greatest pics but it gets the idea across.

IMG-20130306-00119.jpg

IMG-20130306-00118.jpg

The only modification I did was to add another cap head bolt (Matt sends a couple extra just in case I assume) in the very front, right behind the rivet.

C
Feb 28, 2011
EZ's

I agree, I loved the EZ's on my old sled. Got a new one now and noticed I am bending the running boards already :face-icon-small-dis And I only weight 150lbs. Not the edges, just the X parts, they have a good dip in the center already after 800 miles... Was gonna go with another set of EZ's but the weakness of the boards have me worries. Thinking about going to WRP Mountain Tuff boards, as they go part way up the side of the tunnel and should in theory ice up less and be stronger than stock.

A

ajb1205

Jan 20, 2012
Some comparison pics after a couple hours of trail riding and lots of deep powder.

My sled with the EZ boards installed:

IMG-20130310-00128.jpg

And my brother-in-laws stock M1000:

IMG-20130310-00129.jpg

I didn't have to clear by boards all day.

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
I would like to add that if you could get a piece to go along the side ot the tunnel, that is the real problem area!!! The snow melts against the warm tunnel from the heat from the tube coolers and gravity from there. The EZ boards help but ,,,,,
FYI I have a 07 with Mod Rod boards and a 11 with EZ. Pls make EZ sides

The easiest solution to the build-up on the side of the tunnel is to get a wrap or decals on it. Even the thin of the wrap/decal will break the bond of the snow and keep it 90% free of snow and ice.
Get a fancy tunnel wrap or get some 3M wrap media-either or and you will be pleased.

Fabbing a piece of plastic to rivet to the side isn't really viable. On the M's, the tunnel ribs would keep it from laying flat and it would most likely look pretty clunky compared to the decal option.

The 3M wrap medias work so well and are very easy to install. I'd go that route if you don't want flashy graphics on your tunnel.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I just installed a set and have one ride on them and I didn't even think about slippage as I was riding so I guess it wasn't an issue.

A

ajb1205

Jan 20, 2012
There are more than enough cap head screws along the spine of the EZ Board...never have had a traction issue.

C
Feb 28, 2011
previous ez owner

Sold my 2008 with the ez boards and went to a 2011 that I put Burley Boards on from b & m fabrications. If you are on a budget the EZ boards will get it done and help out quite a bit. Nothing can compare to the traction and performance of tubular boards tho. If you have the coin they're worth every penny.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Just got this same sled last week. I was surprised how much snow builds on the boards on my first ride. Thanks for the pics, they look good and appear to work as expected.

K

K2

Dec 5, 2011
Anchorage AK
Did you guys get the two footwell pieces with the EZBoards ?

I went to install mine yesterday and got a little thrown off with line 10 on the install instructions. Checked the link out that's posted up above and saw some pix posted by Matt that are showing the two footwell pieces - are they no longer included with the board inserts ?

1332351149863.jpg

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
My set did not include the footwell pieces. I'd also recommend aluminum rivets because they'd be a lot easier to install if all you have is a hand operated tool.

K

K2

Dec 5, 2011
Anchorage AK
My set did not include the footwell pieces. I'd also recommend aluminum rivets because they'd be a lot easier to install if all you have is a hand operated tool.

so to hold the front of the boards down up in the footwell drill for an extra nut and bolt I'd assume ?

Premium Features